This sugar-free matcha iced tea is a contemporary twist on the old classic. Easy to make, refreshing, and with a wonderfully vibrant green colour.
Plus, the matcha component is full of antioxidants – just what your body needs over the festive months!
- 1 tsp Zen Green Tea matcha green tea powder
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 jug of water (sparkling, still or tap)
- Handful of mint leaves
- Handful of ice cubes
- Heat ⅓ cup of water, and pour into the matcha. Stir to dissolve the powder, until it’s smooth.
- Add the maple syrup and stir.
- Pour the matcha mix into your jug of water.
- Squeeze the lemon into the jug.
- Add the slices of lemon and apple, and mint leaves. Give it a good stir.
- Pour in glasses with ice – and enjoy!
Note: Matcha green tea powder is an incredible superfood. It contains the highest level of antioxidants compared to any other natural substance. Ensure you buy from a high quality source as high quality matcha is naturally sweet, vibrant green and has a fine texture.
Thanks to our friends at Zen Green Tea for providing this recipe. To follow them on the gram, check out @zengreentea
Our friends at Zen Green Tea are offering our exclusive readers 10% off their high quality matcha green tea powder.
Zen Green Matcha Tea was named the “best matcha green tea” brand on My Kitchen Rules this year. Their matcha is handpicked and sourced directly from Kyoto in Japan.
To redeem 10% off your first order:
- Visit Zen Green Tea’s shop: Buy Matcha
- Add product/s to shopping cart
- Use coupon “1MATCHA” for 10% off and free shipping
- Orders will be shipped to you