Cool down this summer with this matcha green tea and coconut milk ice cream.
Dairy-free, and containing matcha green tea powder – it makes a great healthy alternative to standard ice cream. It’s also packed full of antioxidants that keep your body healthier for longer.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 12 medjool dates, pitted
- 300ml water
- 1 can good-quality coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp Zen Green Tea Matcha green tea powder
- 2 ripe bananas
- Toasted almonds
- Drizzle of maple syrup
- Pop the dates in a blender, with 300ml water. Blend for a few minutes – until it’s a smooth consistency.
- Add all the other ingredients for the ice cream into the blender. Continue blending until smooth.
- Pour into a container that’s suitable for the freezer, and freeze for 8-10 hours.
- Serve with toasted almonds and a drizzle of maple syrup on top.
Note: Make sure you use high quality matcha green tea powder as this is naturally sweeter, is vibrant green and is packed with antioxidants.
Thanks to our friends at Zen Green Tea for providing this recipe. To follow them on the gram, check out @zengreentea
Our friends at Zen Green Tea are offering our exclusive readers 10% off their high quality matcha green tea powder.
Zen Green Matcha Tea was named the “best matcha green tea” brand on My Kitchen Rules this year. Their matcha is handpicked and sourced directly from Kyoto in Japan.
To redeem 10% off your first order:
- Add product/s to shopping cart
- Use coupon “1MATCHA” for 10% off and free shipping
- Orders will be shipped to you