There have been some sweet, sweet things happening in the land of @breakfastinmelbourne recently. I’ve pulled them all together and created a breakdown of the best sweet treats to check out in Melbourne town right now.
1. COCO WHIP HAS ARRIVED AND I’M SO EXCITED. You can now get this vegan, gluten and dairy-free dessert from Nutrition Bar Richmond. It has a milder flavour than ice cream and is supposedly better for you too. This one is topped with their version of Nutella and some hazelnuts – and it was DIVINE.
2. This tiramisu was soo good. It’s from a new restaurant in Windsor called Abbondante. Their menu changes every day depending on what they get in produce-wise, and their focus is on serving up authentic, delicious Italian food. A must visit.
3. Bibelot South Melbourne is a dessert bar and thus a natural inclusion on this list. Their desserts are to die for, and they also have lots of chocolate and other bits and pieces that you can buy.
4. This hot chocolate from Hash in the CBD needs to be seen to be believed. While the logistics of pouring the chocolate liquid over the fairy floss require some thought, this is definitely one of the most awesome looking hot chocolates I’ve come across.
5. The Nutella obsession has just kicked up a notch. A new Melbourne biz is now DELIVERING Nutella donuts. Zomg. They’re called “Oh My Donut” and can deliver these bad boys right to your door.
6. And, last but certainly not least, this is the brand new Nuts’bout’Tella cocktail that Muharam Cafe (in Hawthorn) is whipping up on Friday nights after 5. The cafe has only just started opening Friday nights and it’s a great spot to have a post-work cocktail and some nibbles.