So you know the Hilton is obviously a beautiful place to stay, but how well acquainted are you with its dining options?
Not very, would have been our answer prior to our recent food tour of the Hilton Darwin. Turns out there’s a myriad of restaurants under the Hilton umbrella, catering to a diverse array of tastes and styles.
Here’s a “taste” of what’s on offer at their Darwin establishments…
The perfect place for a light bite, afternoon cocktail, evening tapas or hearty dinner – Mitchell’s do it all. We enjoyed our meals by the pool upstairs – #whenindarwin…
- NT banana prawns, miso, sesame oil and ginger salsa, served with a crispy paw paw salad.
- Sirloin steak with béarnaise sauce and sides
- Northern Territory Humpty Doo barramundi wit buttery pumpkin mash, seasonal vegetables and lemon capers veloute
- Lamb rump with glazed beetroot and gel, roasted parsnips, cherry tomato and a simple jus
- Mango panna cotta
The Poolside Restaurant describes itself as serving up “innovative Australian cuisine in a relaxed environment”. And that it does, with a large alfresco dining area right on the pool – you’ll be feeling blissed out and in holiday mode in no time.
- NT Barramundi with a beetroot risotto, rocket & radish salad, EVOO, chimichurri
- Butter chicken – tandoori marinated chicken, creamy tomato gravy, cumin rice and pappadum
- Sweet sticky pork belly – mango wombok slaw, Vietnamese herbs, coconut caramel sauce, tamarind reduction
- The DoubleTree classic Eton mess – berry coulis, passion fruit and brandy snap, strawberry and kiwi salsa
- Floating layered baked cheesecake – raspberry, blueberry, mango, citrus compote and a chocolate curl
Aqua merges Mediterranean flare with Territory flavours – serving up some seriously glorious food. Accompanying cocktails are a must-do.
- Slow braised beef cheeks with creamy potato mash and seasonal vegetables
- Vegetable fettuccine tossed with olive oil, cherry tomato, zucchini, garlic, sweet corn and spinach
- Salt and pepper crocodile with Sriracha mayonnaise and Asian salad
- 400 gram T-bone steak with crispy chips and salad served with mushroom sauce
- White chocolate cheesecake topped with raspberry, orange, kiwi compote and a chocolate curl
- Popcorn espresso martini
- Smokey bloody Mary
- Darwin sunset
- Hawaiian cocktail
- Summer crush
Article written by Liz Lyons
This experience is part of a larger series of content we are producing for Tourism NT. To check out what else we’ve been up to, head to the @territorytaste Instagram page (we’ll be hanging out there until the end of August 2017).