If you’re a fan of Darling Cafe and Dundas and Faussett, then you’re in luck. The very cool, very “Insta-friendly” crew over at the Darling Group have a new addition to add to the family – enter Bambu South Melbourne.
Bambu is an Asian eating house (a nod to both of the cafes very popular wok menus) at the bustling South Melbourne Market. They’re serving up modern Asian food, exceptional cocktails and a sassy neon sign “it’s rice to meet you” (told you they’re an Insta-friendly bunch!).
At this stage, they’re open 11-10, Wednesday – Sunday (although I’m currently in the midst of trying to gently pressure them into opening 7 days so as to feed my beef roti matabak addiction). There’s talk of a hawker hut element opening soon, and brekkie is on the cards… watch this space!
Some must tries from their menu:
- the aforementioned beef roti matabak (it’s kinda like an Asian sausage roll and it is SO FLIPPIN GOOD)
- the Yakisoba – hokkien noodles with beef
- the banana roti with sweet pandan milk (I HEART ROTI)
- the roasted duck tacos
- the Vietnamese pulled pork slider
- all of the desserts and all of the cocktails too – yolo
Article written by Liz Lyons
Follow Bambu on the gram bam at @eatbambu